Are you keen on making yourself grow personally and professionally as an artist? Do you need help in acing any opportunity that comes your way and kick-off your artistic journey? If the answer is yes, continue reading to surprise yourself with some of the essential skills that you must incorporate in your art to become a better artist in no time!
- Planning–Thinking in advance is a crucial skill to hone by every creative artist. It is important for you to know where your art is headed so that you can lay down the basic tones and select the final colours. Having a solid plan ensures that the image maintains consistency throughout the painting.
- Composition–You must also possess a good understanding of appropriate light and space. This will allow prominent areas to be well-lit, drawingand retaining the viewer’s attention for a long time. Additionally, it is important to know where the light source is, while you are painting.
- Balance–The balance between applying light and shadow on the image, determines which sides would catch most of the light, some of it and none of the light.Which is why adjusting the strength of the light that is falling during painting is vital.
- Selectivity–The ability to selectively draw allows you to focus across the whole image rather than certain spots of the picture.Honing this skill is quite easy ꟷ first, establish an outline for the sketch, and then break it down into large segmentsfor your work on them separately.
- Quality–The quality of lines, whether soft or darker can be used to define structures, by implementing more light or shadow into the picture. The darker and sharper a line is, the stronger your image will look like. You can start with soft and fuzzy lines then moving on to introducing darker lines later.
- Tonality–Holding the ability to apply appropriate colour tones effective can make or break the quality of an image. Being aware of the interaction between the tonalities of different structures in the image can allow you to effectively build good lighting and shadowing scheme.
- Structure–Most structures within art has four distinct corners be it a frame or a theatre stage. Laying down objects in the correct proportion and relatively positioned to each other and pointing in the right directions is a crucial skill to possess.
- Shaping–Try to develop better hand-to-eye coordination, which can enable you to perform art with deeper concentration. This will also allow you to imagine properly, transforming your imagination into action way too smoothly.
Choose to study Art and Design foundation course to instil all the above-mentioned skills within you and more! Send in your application for the 2020 intake.